#630. U.S.S. Amazon Award for Design Excellence
- December 6, 2000 - U.S.S. Amazon Award For Design Excellence "Greetings, We received a submission either from you two or from a loyal fan to our website's Award program. We are rated 3.5 on awardsites.com scale and we are very proud of it. At this time we are glad to announce that your site for the Texas precancl [Precancel] Stamp Club has won our award for the month of December. You will also be able to win our first annual site of the year award. We ask you to link it back to our websites so other sites can try their luck with the award program as well. We have also looked around your site for a banner of somekind. We would like you to reply with a banner so we may properly link to your website! Thank you very much for applying for the U.S.S. Amazon award for design excellence! We hope to hear from you again in the future!"
Josh Fink, CO: U.S.S> Amazon RPG, Albany Web Design "You Deserve Better!" Dragonlance Do Com - Review Editor
#014. EddNet Cool Award
- May 5, 2000 - Congratulations!! I have reviewed your site and found it worthy of the EddNet Cool Award [50-69 points]. I am fully aware of the effort that goes into the creation of websites and I hope you view this award as a reflection of your achievement. This award is not easy to win and you should be proud of it. Please wait 2 months from receipt of this e-mail before applying for an upgrade, but please significantly improve your site if you wish to do so. [Bristol, UK]
Dave Edmonds de8288 at bristol.ac.uk reply to eddnet
#058. PeaceWork Certified Site Silver Award
- May 25, 2000 "Greetings and congratulations! Your site has been re-evaluated by the PeaceWork Certified Sites Judges' Panel and has been designated
a Silver Certified Site! This Certification assures your visitors that your site is attractive, has interesting content, few (if any) dead links and navigates easily. It also assures you that all your hours
of design and research have not been in vain. Our panel is composed of five judges with differing levels of Web expertise. [I have five weeks worth...] We are all graphic designers, and that in itself tells folks
a lot about your site. We are especially please when a Web Designer puts enough effort into their site to be upgrade, as your has. Good job!
There are two higher levels; Gold and Diamond. Any time you feel you've improved your site to the degree that a higher level may be obtained, please resubmit for another upgrade.
You are definitely well on your way to having a site truly worthy of any "Best of the Web" awards.
Your score was 280 out of a possible 300 points . . . good job! Thank you for submitting and again, congratulations." Sincerely, The PeaceWork Certified Site Judges' Panel Jef, Cyd, Tig, Emma-Kate and Ramey
#024. PeaceWork Certified Site Bronze Award
- May 9, 2000 "Your site has been evaluated by the PeaceWork Certified Sites Judges' Panel and has been designated
a Bronze Certified Site! This Certification assures your visitors that your site is attractive, has interesting content and navigates easily. It also assures you that all your hours
of design and research have not been in vain. Our panel is composed of five judges with differing levels of Web expertise. [I have three weeks worth...] We are all graphic designers, and that in itself tells folks
a lot about your site.
There are three higher levels; Silver, Gold, and Diamond. Any time you feel you've improved your site to the degree that a higher level may be obtained, please resubmit for an upgrade.
And don't feel discouraged; less than half of the submitted sites we receive are of high enough quality to make it to the evaluation process and of the ones that do, less than a
third receive a Certification. You are definitely well on your way to having a site truly worthy of any "Best of the Web" awards.
Your score was 252 out of a possible 300 points . . . good job! Thank you for submitting and again, congratulations." Sincerely, The PeaceWork Certified Site Judges' Panel Jef, Cyd, Tig, Emma-Kate and Ramey
#1335. DRH Design Merit Bronze Award for 2002
- February 10, 2002 - Sorry it has taken this long to reply.....
Congratulations, You have been awarded the DRH Design Merit for 2002 Rated 3.5
Overall Design:(2) The background colors are more of a distraction then a tool.....There is nothing wrong with using black text on a white or very lightly colored background.....With this type of site, it is vitally important that a user is able to read the information presented without being forced to view blue text on a light yellow background.....The layout could be condensed and made more efficient.....More control of the layout should be taken by the webmaster.....
Content:(3) A very useful site.....I have not come across another one with this much information on the hobby of collecting Precancelled Stamps.....I find it both original and very interesting.....I still had trouble understanding exactly what a precancel is.....As I did the last time I visited.....I have read the FAQ page, but I am still not sure.....
Functionality:(3)The menu could be condensed and fixed into a certain area.....I do appreciate there being a menu on every page.....This site has an abundance of text on it.....Attention needs to be paid to how it is ordered and less to the graphics.....There is nothing wrong with a text based site when done correctly.....The award page is extremely large and hard to read.....
Appeal:(4) I believe that everyone can enjoy the uniqueness of stamps.....They are simply wonderful pieces of art.....The Precancell Club offers another segment of the hobby to pearn more about.....
Congratulations, your site received (12) points qualifying it for the DRH Design Merit for 2001. Once the award is posted, reply back to this message and your site will be added to the Recipient List. You are required to display the award. You are not required to link your site to DRH Design.
Thank \You, DRH Design, David R. Hoover
#045. Art Rose Award for an Exciting Web Site Silver
- May 20, 2000 - request link to Crosswinds.net] Congratulations on winning the Art Rose Award for an Exciting Web Site (Silver)!
We have reviewed your site and found it exciting, interesting, good looking and easy to navigate.
You certainly deserve to be awarded for your great talent and hard work."
Sincerely, -June Rydgren, Art Rose Gallery [Niue]
#046. Mind Your Own Business Cool Site Award
- May 20, 2000 "Congratulation, your site was selected to receive our [Mind Your Own Business Cool Site] Award, surpassing
the requirements to win. It was obvious that you put a lot into the design and the functionality of your site. I hope that you will display the Award, your
site earned it! Thanks, and once again congratulations."
-Sincerely, Tom Stewart
www.bernadettehurley.com DOWN 250x167 hurbronz.jpg
#049. EmeraldIsle Award Bronze
May 22, 2000
#187. Kiwi Construction Award
- July 12, 2000 "Hi John, You applied for one of our awards recently, I am very sorryI haven't responded earlier but we've been moving home. The nztrades directory has now got a stand alone web address www.nztrades.com. We was driven due to the huge amount of traffic it was generating - over 37,000 page visits a month!! I have reviewed your site and have given your site our Kiwi [Construction] Award - although this is normally for trade related websites your qualified because its [it's] special - what a great use of Java. The nztrades awards are very hard to gain because of the high standards we impose on applicants - WELL DONE. Your navigation structure is excellent and the site has interesting content. As an award winner you will find your site linked in the Overseas Awards section - we do not require a link back on the award but if you feel like reciprocating we certainly would appreciate that. Once again well done!"
regards, Jeremy Palmer, Webmaster www.mynet.co.nz www.ekiwi.net.nz www.nztrades.com www.nzthings.com
(New Zealand) The purpose of the Kiwi Construction Award is to recognize business and industry websites that are "constructed" using good design techniques. When a site is visually pleasing and easy to navigate, it makes your visit much more pleasurable, regardless the content. (Also offers Trades Award)
#270. Timeworks Interactive Bronze Timekeeper Award
- August 16, 2000 "Congratulations! Your site has been chosen to win the ever prestigious BRONZE TIMEKEEPER AWARD for Exceptional Effort. This award is given to great sites scoring 80%-89% on our scoring system. This award signifies that you have highly developed skills in web site design. We found your site was very intuitive and the inner workings of the site were almost flawless. We enjoyed our visit very much."
Thank you very much for your contribution, The Timekeeper Review Team
(also offers gold, silver)
www.timeworksinteractive.com DEAD LINK 117x150 timekepb.jpg